I hope I'm this cute when I'm old.

Today I was working in a senior center, and I sat down to talk to this one precious woman, probably in her 80s. She was so sweet, she kept holding my hand and patting my arm. She kept joking around with the bingo caller, saying they must have something against her because they wouldn't call anything on her card. She was wonderful. As I was getting up to leave, she grabbed my hand and said, "Can I tell you something?" I sat back down. She leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Today is my birthday." I could have died. I want to cry just typing this. It was just such a nice moment. She was so happy and just wanted someone to know. I asked her if everyone had sung Happy Birthday to her yet. She acted a little embarrassed like she didn't want to make a big deal about it. She said her family was coming up to take her out to dinner tonight. Thank goodness, I really would have died if the hi-light of her birthday was a bingo game. As I was getting ready to leave I told her Happy Birthday again. She said, "Thank you, I'm 38."
Really? Precious.
Share

1 comment:

  1. hahah! Jess that is so cute! Love your blog! And in reply to foodie places in Danville. The Bowling Alley (if open?) has amazing burgers, fries and chocolate mousse pie! haha But Lee's was one of my family's favorite places to eat at. hahaha oh Danville.

    ReplyDelete