Derby Weekend

Joey and I have something going on every.single.weekend until mid July.  Between weddings, wedding showers, graduations, Bachelor/ette parties, and birthdays we are booked!  This weekend was our annual Oaks dinner the night before the Derby, The Kentucky Derby, Mothers Day and my sister's birthday.  

Friday night we had dinner with some friends, I wish I had taken pictures.  It was the perfect Kentucky dinner of hot browns and Derby pie.

Saturday we got up early and headed to Keeneland for Derby.



Sadly, my picks did not win.  Master of Hounds and Decisive Moment.  If my husband had been sober enough had remembered to bet, we would have made some $$$ because his favorite was Animal Kingdom.  Darn!!  I told him thats what he gets.

After Derby we came home, packed our bags and headed to my hometown for Mother's Day and my little sister's birthday.  It was a long drive and really late, but it was worth it because my mom was so excited to see us.  I had told her we wouldn't be there until lunch on Sunday, just in case we couldn't make it after Derby, so she was surprised.

Sunday morning we went to my Grandma's church.  I love going with her because it is a sweet little country church, and somehow I always have people coming up to me acting just like I'm their own family and they know all my business.  The service was about Heaven, and it was a great message.
After church everyone on my Dad's side of the family came to our house for lunch.  It was a gorgeous day and we had a great time catching up with family.
We also celebrated my sister, Hallie's birthday.  Poor thing always has to share her birthday with Mother's Day!





All in all, it was a great weekend!  But I love my weeknights to relax and catch up ;)

Hope you all are having as pretty weather as I've got right now!!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment