Random Ramblings

I am going to attempt a fishtail braid this weekend for a wedding.  I don't know if my hair is long enough/too layered for it to work but I'm going to try.  Also thinking about trying to buy some extensions like this girl has!  I learned from this tutorial:

Joey and I made pizza tonight for dinner.  Delicious!  It was way better than we expected.  For toppings we used fresh basil and tomatoes.  My boss has a garden and kindly brought me fresh basil.  On top of being delicious it also made our kitchen smell wonderful.  It tasted better than it looks...and I promise there are toppings under all of that cheese.  Maybe thats why it tasted so good ;)


Currently reading:


Have you all read this?  What did you think about it?  My best friend Tara loved it, but I just can't get into it.  I'm half way through and Darcy just gets on my last nerve.  Maybe if she wasn't so one-dimensional I would feel differently.  I felt the same way about Rachel in Something Borrowed.  Its like Emily Giffin has one characteristic about each of them and just goes full force with only that.  Darcy is selfish & pretty and thats about it.  Rachel is smart & obsessive.  Blah Blah Blah.  I'll finish it for you, Tara, but next time I get to pick the book!!

Speaking of me picking the book for people, let me say this.  My best friend Tara and my husband, Joey are both big readers.  They read book after book after book.  Don't you think, taking into consideration the fact that I am obviously extremely close to each of them, they should read a book I have picked out for them and know they would love??  Plus they owe me, because I've read multiple books they've picked out.  For Joey, I read I Know This Much Is True, which is his all time favorite book.  For Tara, I have read 3 of her books and will start a 4th one as soon as I finish this darn Something Blue.  (This may have something to do with the fact that she has a key to my house and I've been known to come home to find books she's bought for me sitting on my couch...creepy/good friend!)  So, in summary, both of them should read a book I've picked out for them, my favorite book of ALL TIME.  I've read it 5 times and it is better every single time.  This book is my soul.  They owe me.


"With enough courage, you can do without a reputation."

"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."

"I can't think about this now.  I'll go crazy if I do.  I'll think about this tomorrow."

"I'm very drunk and I intend getting still drunker before this evenings over."

"Look for it only in books, for it is no more than a dream remembered...a civilization gone with the wind."

Joey and I at his birthday dinner:

One of the gifts I got him for his birthday was a new razor since he has had the same one since high school.  Today he says to me, "I am so excited about my new razor, I thought you would get it for me for my last birthday, then I thought maybe Christmas, then I thought maybe Valentines Day, so I'm so excited to have a new one!"
I said, "You poor thing you are allowed to go out and buy yourself something whenever you want, especially if you've been waiting years for it!"
Poor guy!


I've been thinking about this all day.  I hope you all have a Tropical Smoothie where you live and I hope you visit it regularly.  I don't know if this is true for everywhere, but in Lexington you can sign up for text messages and they will send you new deals all the time.  The text I got today was buy one get one free!  A very good deal!  I have a bible study with 2 of my friends and we usually go here.  It is also close enough to walk to, so sometimes I get a smoothie to sip on while I go on a walk.  My favorite is Pomegranate Plunge!

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be sure to share pictures from the wedding we are going to!  
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment