Family Vacation

As promised, here are some pictures from our family vacation in South Carolina.  It was so relaxing...I love not having anything to do, being able to sleep without an alarm, having time to read...I am not looking forward to re-entering the real world tomorrow and going back to work.  

This is Fort Sumter...where the first shots of the Civil War were fired.  Still unsure about which side fired them.

Joey and I right before we got on the ferry to take us to the Fort.

Driving into Charleston again.

I was obsessed with the architecture in downtown Charleston.  My parents took a carriage tour and said that if you live in this area you have to have permission to do any work on your house...there are approved colors to use, etc.  They said even if your house caught on fire, you weren't allowed to start over, you had to work with what was left.

My dad and I.  This is the outfit I was wearing when a homeless man walked past me and told me "That don't match." Really?  He didn't know who he was talking to.


The cutest boy in the world:


With my sister and Grandma at a restaurant called Fleet Landing.

I love her.

The whole fam:


Snuck away for a date night:

Had the restaurant all to ourselves:

Managed to work in the state capital:

Rainy day so we played Phase 10.  I won, obv.
Of course, we couldn't miss Emily's tell all interview on The Bachelorette.  Did anyone else think she looked like she'd had some work done??  Her face did not move!

And last, I'll leave you with this pretty pictures.  Do you see how swollen my bottom lip is??  Dumb me didn't put sunscreen on my lips the first day and burnt my poor lip.  It was soooo swollen I could barely eat.  Don't let this happen to you!


I'm so thankful I got to spend a whole week with my family...I'm very blessed.  However, I've crossed Charleston off possible places I'd like to move...it is too damn humid!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment