Nooks and Crannys

I took some pictures of my favorite little spots around our home.  One thing we do a lot of in our decorating is using vintage items and things that have been passed down to us from family members.  I think that makes everything mean so much more.  I hope you enjoy!

Small bar area in our kitchen.  I found this painting at Goodwill!

 Fresh fruit and veggies :)

I love our fridge...we have had so many weddings this summer that until recently it has been covered with shower and wedding invites.  Right now I still have my BFFs Save the Date because it was so cute. (They doubled up their family Christmas card & Save the Date!)  Also Joey's younger brother & sister's high school graduation announcements, a photo booth pic of my Dad and I, and pictures of our nephew.

Joey and I have the same initials, and we showcase that over our entire house.

Over our door we have a vintage horse shoe (for good luck!).  The two pictures hanging in the entry were found in an art store in my hometown.  The left is an artist rendering of the bridge in my hometown.  The bottom print is from the inside of an old hotel that has since been torn down, where many birthdays & proms were spent.  The wreath on the left I made myself!

The side table here was made by my husband.  Not the table itself, but if you can tell, underneath the glass top are wine corks.  Joey cut them in halves and arranged them under the glass.  The ship painting was given to me from my Grandma Edna.  When she and my Papaw were first married, they bought this paint by number kit and painted the ship themselves!  The lamp was given to me by my Aunt Saundra.  When I was in college I was searching for two rustic looking gold lamps and she dug these out of her attic for me.

Wall collage next to our stairs.

My favorite pictures of Joey when he was a little boy.

I don't know why we love these owls so much, but we do.  When I was in college Joey bought these for me at a vintage shop.  Well in college you know you move just about every year and a couple of years after he gave me these we were packing to move.  We went down in my basement where there was extra storage and Joey was so offended to find these little owls had been hidden away in storage for a year.  I promised I would never do that again, so now the little owls live in our entryway!

Place setting in the dining room.

"I need you now and forever" is a line in mine and Joey's song.  One year (Valentines Day I think?) Joey painted this for me.  Its a little worn out by now, but I love it.  It is hanging in our living room under the front windows.  Also, I think there is something so special about someones handwriting.  I'm glad he didn't try to use special printing or something, just his own handwriting.

Our collection of corks.

One of my prized possessions, my Grandma's original printing of Gone With the Wind, the film version they made with pictures when the movie came out.  I got this when she passed away.

"JL" initials again

Hard to see it back there, but that is the champagne bottle we had the night we got engaged.  Joey picked it out because it had a "J" on it.


This dresser is now in our basement and is home to our exercise equipment and puppy supplies.  It was in my bedroom when I was growing up, and if I'm not mistaken, also my mom's when she was growing up.  If you can see what the candle is sitting on, it is a small chalkboard tablet. My Papaw used to carry that to school with him everyday to write on.

The bicycle that the blue book is sitting on is actually a wine bottle rack.  That blue book is what we had in our wedding to write our vows in.  Joey and I wrote our own vows then wrote them ourselves into this book, and used it as my "Something Blue."  My tacky devotion to Elvis is evident in his bust.  I found that at a vintage shop in Lex that has closed...Jonk.

On the bottom of this old piano bench is a quilt hand-sewn by Joey's Mema.

The gold frame used to have a very 80's portrait of my mom and I in it.  We replaced it with this horse print found at the Peddlers Mall.

My little Bluebell.
Share

4 comments:

  1. I love all your little "moments" in your home! Vignettes are definitely my favorite part of decorating and I love how so much of your stuff has memories attached to it- so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great house you have! And I want to kiss your puppy right on the nose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blog and Bluebell is precious!

    ReplyDelete