Thankful in November

A few things I'm thankful for:

1. That my husband and I are healthy, and we have so far had healthy reports on Baby Lawhorn.

2. That I like my job, and recently switched positions at work, meaning I don't have to travel as much (meaning I won't be an hour away and go into labor, and when the baby comes I can be closer to home).

3. That with my new position I get my own office, and Joey offered to paint it for me.

4. That we are fortunate enough to own our own home.

5. That my husband does way way way more than his share of housework.  Also that my husband likes to have projects...he recently re-did both of our bathrooms and he is repainting the front door as I type!

6. For a healthy pregnancy so far, for myself and the baby.  I've had only 3 bouts of morning sickness and really nothing I can't handle.  I know it could be a lot worse.  Every doctor visit we've had has been nothing but good news, I pray it stays that way.

7. For my marriage.  We have been married over 2 years and together for over 7.  We have learned that marriage definitely is not easy, and I'm thankful we are both willing to work at it.  That said, I think after 2 years, we have got to a place where we aren't working quite so hard :)  Also, I've been thinking about this lately.  I met Joey when I was 18, and had no idea who I was going to be, what I wanted or where I was going.  (Not in a bad way, just like I imagine most people are right out of high school).  I had never been boy crazy or even had a lot of interest in dating.  I have no idea why I decided to give Joey a chance, other than God knew what I needed before I did.  Now I can't imagine my life with anyone else.  I'm thankful God has a plan for my life because who knows what I would come up with!

8. God is literally soooo good!  When I first got my job, I was traveling an hour and a half (on a good traffic day) to my office.  (I travel for my job, but this was just to get to the office).  I was waking up at 5am, leaving by 6am, driving 1.5 hours to get to work by 7:30.  I would get off work at 4pm, then it would take me 2 hours with traffic to get home.  Within a few months I was offered to transfer to an office about 25 minutes away, and I was so thankful!  It was still a drive, but so much better.  Then a few months later, our office decided to move to Lexington and now I literally live 3 minutes from my office!  I don't even have to go through a stop light.  I literally could not be more thankful for this.

9. For my parents, sister and grandma.  I just love them.  I can't imagine life without a sibling, and I'm so thankful God gave me Hallie to grow up with.  I hope Joey and I can have a big family!  My parents have taught me so much and I wouldn't be who I am today without them.  My dad has taught me to be independent and to stand up for myself.  My mom taught me to stand up for myself with grace and dignity.  My grandma is literally the most precious person on this planet.  She texts me every single day to see whats going on with me.  She also stocks our home with whatever we could possibly need every time we see her...she just texted me to say she has kleenex and toilet paper ready!

10.  For my little baby.  I love being pregnant and knowing the responsibility God put on me.  I am amazed that God has given Joey and I this little life to care for on Earth.  I pray we do a good job.  Literally every breath I take is a prayer.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment