20 Week Update


We went to the doctor today for our 20 week ultrasound.  I love ultrasounds, I could look at him all day long! I love seeing his little legs curled up, then stretching out.  He looked a lot more cramped than the last time we saw him!  I love seeing his little hands and feet, I love to see his heart beating and to hear it!
He is growing so much! 13 oz!!  He is in the 78th percentile, so that means he is a little bigger than average!  We saw the nurse practitioner today, who we love.  She said that he is a perfect baby!  My uterus is measuring 20 cm, exactly like it should.  They grade your placenta on a scale of 0-4, with 0 being perfect, and I am a 0!  I am so thankful for a healthy report for baby Shepherd!  Thank you, Lord for answered prayers.

Here is my 20 week update:

Size of baby: Shep is 13oz and approximately 7 inches long.  He is about the size of a banana!
Maternity clothes:  Still not officially wearing maternity clothes.  I literally wear leggings every day and I have gone up a size in them.  

Sleep:  Sleep has been an issue lately.  I cannot get comfortable in any position, and I wake up really easily.  They say I am supposed to be laying on my side and not my back, and obviously not my stomach.  But the only way I'm somewhat comfortable is on my back.  We are going to buy me a pregnancy pillow and see if that helps!


Cravings: Chocolate.  I honestly have never liked chocolate, I've preferred salty foods over sweets, but now I love chocolate!  Especially mint chocolate kisses that only come out during the holidays.  I don't know if thats good or bad! Maybe I should stock up!


Symptoms: I literally can't be around meat.  The thought of meat makes me want to go vomit right now!  Even though I'm in the 2nd trimester, I threw up the other day after I ate some ham and now the thought of meat makes me sick!! Also, my hormones are a little out of whack, I've been kind of anxious and on edge this week and I'm usually not like that so I'm blaming it on hormones!

Weight gain:  I've gained 10 lbs.  Right on track, thank goodness.  I was nervous being weighed today right after Christmas!

Gender: Still a BOY!

What do you miss: Sleeping on my back and being comfortable sitting!

Due date: May 16th

Have you ever seen cuter little feet?? ::


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment