caftan craze and our weekend

How was your weekend?  We had a nice low key weekend.  Friday night we went to dinner with our BFFs at Red Lobster. Then we went to see The Vow.  I read the book before.  Has anyone else read the book?  Very different from the movie.  Not in a bad way, but the book focused a lot more on her physical recovery and less on them piecing their relationship back together.   I left the movie feeling weird.  I really liked it, I was just sad!!  I kind of wish the movie had made more of a focus on the fact that they were married and had made VOWS to each other.  The book focused on that a lot.  I think that was a big point of the book, the wife knew that even though she had no idea who her husband was, that she had made a vow to be with him for better or worse, no matter what.  

Saturday we went to dinner with Joey's family at Texas Roadhouse, then his little sister Caitlyn had a sleepover with us!  We rented a movie and just hung out.

OK, just wanted to share this with you all, it is so funny:
I have always wanted a caftan like Elizabeth Taylor used to always wear.
 When Kim wore one in Dubai, it sealed the deal!!  It looks so comfortable and pretty!

Well, this isn't exactly the flattering piece of dress I had in mind, but my husband surprised me by ordering one he found online.  
 Its super flattering on this big ol pregnant body!
 I may look like I'm wearing a gigantic sheet, but I love it, hahaha!!

If anyone would like their own beautiful caftan send me a message and I'll send you the website.

Sunday we were planning on going to church with Caitlyn and we slept right through the alarm.  I was so mad at myself!  We spent all day Sunday registering for our baby showers that are coming up.  Then Sunday night Joey had a tennis match.  He plays in a league and I love going to watch him!  I'm going to brag on him for a minute.  He is really good!  His coach has told him that he has natural talent and if he had started when he was younger he could have really done something with it.  I wish he had played in high school!


Happy Monday!
Share

7 comments:

  1. I wish I'd thought of this when I was pregnant, especially in the warmer summer months- genius!Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You look so pretty in it. Where did you guys order it from? Maybe I'll get one!
    Happy Monday!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to laugh..http://www.ashro.com/Clothing/Caftans/index.cat?index=0&viewall=1

      Let me know if you get one!! They are cheap!

      Delete
    2. Ha! I did laugh :) But only because of how cool it is! Yes I'm getting one :) I'll have to do a post about mine too and link back to you!
      ps... I used to live in Africa, actually twice, so it's taking me back to some awesome memories.
      Thanks!
      xoxo

      Delete
    3. and your Hubby found it... that's the best part!

      Delete
    4. Yes, please do a post about it!! I can't wait to see!!

      Delete
  3. K that looks SO comfortable. I want one.

    ReplyDelete