Random Ramblings





These were taken today.  I am 29 weeks + 3 days!

We were so excited today because Joey felt Shepherd kick!  I was laying on the couch and Joey's hand was in just the right spot on my belly to feel it!  As I've mentioned before, I have an anterior placenta which makes it hard for me to feel him moving, let alone someone from the outside.  In the past week or so I've been feeling him everyday, but to feel him from the outside has to be just luck!  Joey was so excited to feel him!

It is getting so close!! Its so crazy to think that babies are born this far along.  I can't wait to meet him, but I definitely am ok with a little more time to mentally prepare!

We got one step closer to finishing the nursery tonight.  Joey and I went to my favorite Asian restaurant, Wah Mei to eat dinner.  After that we went to Garden Ridge.  I didn't want to go, but Joey insisted and I'm glad he did.  We found a rug for Shep's nursery!  I don't know if you've ever been to Garden Ridge and seen their rug section, but its ridiculous.  

I spotted the rug above, and we loved it.  But...it was a little too big.  I knew there had to be a smaller size and we made it our mission to find it!  You can see how hard it would be to find a specific rug in this huge mess.  I left Joey to search while I went to the bathroom.  When I came back he still hadn't found it.  I asked him what prize I would get if I could find it before he did!  Within about 5 minutes I found it under a big stack!  We were so excited!  Only problem was the stack was huge and the rugs were heavy!  We spent probably 15 minutes trying to get to the bottom of the pile.

Finally we got to it.  But my poor husband was worn out!


I can't wait to show you all the finished product when we finally complete the nursery!

Well this was a random post, if you made it this far, thank you!! Haha!
Share

3 comments:

  1. How perfect! So glad your Hubby got to feel little Shepherd move!
    Gosh, that had to have been such a happy moment.
    ps LOVE the rug! it's very similar to the curtains I have in my boys room :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your little mans room!
      ps I responded to your comment over on my blog
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. ahh! i'm totally craving some awesome big rugs. we live in a 120 year old house and there are some awesome wood floors to be uncovered and then decorated with cool rugs. :) funny how that works.

    happy 29 weeks to you friend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete