Shepherd at 32 weeks

Yesterday was our 32 week appointment to check on Shepherd.  Right now I am going every 2 weeks, until week 36 when I'll start going every week.  Right now the appointments are pretty boring, except for getting to hear his heart beat.  They just check a few things and ask if I have any questions.  Every appointment the doctor measures the size of my uterus.  Whatever week you are, you should be about the same amount of cm.  So at 32 weeks, they hope I measure 32 cm.  Every other appointment I've been so proud because I have always measured exactly along with my weeks.  My doctor was measuring me yesterday and said I just seemed to have really grown a lot since the last time she saw me.  At 32 weeks, I was measuring 34 cm.  She asked when my last ultrasound was and I said it was the anatomy one at 20 weeks.  She said she would like to schedule another one just to check on his growth.  She said she would guess he is in the 90th percentile.  She looked at my legs and feet and hands, all of which are pretty swollen.  I can't wear my rings anymore and I had to go buy a new pair of shoes a size up!  She also asked if there was any way I could work from home.  Wouldn't that be nice?!

I got upset worrying that something is wrong with Shepherd.  They had told me awhile ago that I probably wouldn't have another ultrasound after 20 weeks unless they were concerned about something.  I started crying and just couldn't stop.  My poor doctor didn't know what to do with me, she kept apologizing.  She promised she would be honest if she thought we should worry and she just wanted to check everything out.  She said it could just be that I'm small and there is nowhere for him to go but out, it could be amniotic fluid, or water retention. Sometimes you just need to cry it out and trying to stop myself from crying was making me cry more!  

We went ahead and scheduled the ultrasound for Monday.  She said we could wait until our next appointment but I said I just wanted to do it as soon as possible.  I am excited to get to see him again, I'm sure he looks so different from the 20 week ultrasound.  So Monday it is!  I may be having a giant baby ;)  Please keep us in your prayers!!
Share

4 comments:

  1. i'm sure you're both fine. All of those things are normal symptoms, and he may have had a growth spurt and still measure 34-35 weeks next time. That happened to
    Me all the time when I was pregnant with Sam. Don't worry, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! I'm sure he is fine! But I'll feel better after Monday! ;) I'd rather him be too big than too small!

      Delete
  2. Oh sweet friend! I have a feeling that everything's okay! A girlfriend of mine seems to be carrying exactly like you! She has a shorter, petite frame and has been pretty swollen for a while. She too has to work. Her precious little baby girl is always measuring larger than normal, though nothing is wrong! She's just got a bit more fluid surrounding her than normal, but still all is well.
    I'm praying for you though!
    xoxo
    Amber Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I am sure everything is fine but I know Monday can't come soon enough though, i'd be the same way. Praying for you and your little family. Keep us updated!<3

    ReplyDelete