The only card I've ever saved:

I am not a super sentimental person, and I am definitely not a card person.  I rarely get anyone a card, no matter what the occasion is.  Never waste money getting me a card, I appreciate it, but I never save them.  However...
may I present to you the only card I have ever saved, from my Dad:
 I love that he wrote, "I love every day of your life."  That is so nice.  I think my Dad gave me this card when I graduated high school.
Some people have a hard time sharing their emotions, and I don't.  I don't have any pride against telling someone I love them, if I'm sad, or hurt, anything good or bad.  And I'm sure part of that is because my Dad has always been so good at communicating love to our family.  He is very positive and encouraging.  Not too long ago I was talking to him on the phone about something, my life and where I want it to go, and my Dad was encouraging me and listed off about 25 qualities of why he thinks I'm wonderful.  I know he is biased ;) but I think everyone needs at least someone, hopefully more than one, person like that in their life.
Thanks for being the best, Dad!
Share

1 comment:

  1. How sweet is that! Defintely something to keep forever.

    ReplyDelete