quotes for Shepherd.

I'm not sure why, but our friend Catherine asked us if we had any favorite quotes, lyrics or hymns for Shepherd. 
Here is the list Joey and I put together for her:

"Love is the Heart of the World" lyrics:
I leave him sleeping as I rise early
Always up before the dawn
The house is dark, but I see clearly
Kettle sings a morning song
The bacons frying, baby's crying
I soak up the sights and sounds
Minutes turn to days, and I wish I could slow it down

Prayer:
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray to the Lord my soul to keep
And if I do before I wake, I pray to the Lord my soul to take

"One of Us" lyrics:
Your mother well, she's strong and steady, 
southern drawl and good Lord she's pretty
She's better than anything I'd dreamed
And as for me, I'm scared to death
I'll breathe at last at your first breath
Everything you need I'll try to be
And all we are, we are
And all we'll be, we'll be
Love and hurt, doubt and trust
Welcome to being one of us

“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
-Roald Dahl

*(This is from a hymn my mom used to sing to my sister and I to get us to go to sleep):
We are standing on holy ground
And I know that there are angels all around
Let us praise Jesus now
For we are standing in His presence, on holy ground

Excerpt from The Velveteen Rabbit:
"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?"

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but Really loves you, then you become Real."

"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.

"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

"Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get all loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."


 Cat is so creative and thoughtful so I can't wait to see what she has planned =)


Also, can I say that my hormones have been out of control the further along I get in pregnancy.  I have cried just about every day, for not reason other than just wanting to.
On Easter, almost as soon as we got seated at church I just started tearing up.  I couldn't stop crying and Joey's sister had to leave to get me tissues.  
Yesterday at work I started reading a chain email from my mom and had to stop because I had tears streaming down my face.
From our list, the poem about "Babies Don't Keep" makes me lose it.
And don't get me started on the lyrics from "Love is the Heart of the world."


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment