Shepherd's Nursery

Here it is!!
Shepherd's nursery.
We love it!!  What do you think?


The orange and white chevron print was a labor of love!!  I wanted something orange in the room and had the idea to paint chevron stripes on a canvas.  Surprise, surprise, it was NOT an easy task!  My impatient pregnant self could not take it, but luckily my husband didn't give up!  He taped it off perfectly (the hardest part!) then painted in the orange.  

Can't wait to rock my baby in this chair!

This quote is from our song, which is Dave Barnes "Until You."  
The elephant bust was another labor of love, that fortunately my husband was patient enough to see through!  This guy came in about a million tiny cardboard pieces and 4 total instructions.  
Another DIY project: Shepherd's dresser/changing table.  We had something like this in mind and didn't want to spend a lot of money.  Joey found this guy at the Salvation Army, brought it home and cleaned and refinished it.  He is pretty handy!
These sheets kept me up at night!  I didn't know what I wanted for the crib, but I knew I would know when I found it!  After much searching, I found these at Pottery Barn Kids!
I love these burp cloths so much I probably will just look at them and use them for decoration :)
Not sure what this guy's purpose is supposed to be, but we found it to be the perfect doorstop!
That wooden sword over the door is Joey's from when he was a little boy.  His grandad carved it for him out of wood and smeared blackberries on it as pretend blood.  If you look closely you can see where Joey's little sister used a sharpie to write her name on it...Catlyn aka Caitlyn!  So sweet. I love pieces that tell a story :)



Share

13 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! I love it! This is the exact kind of nursery that I would like for our baby. Something simple, but beautiful. I dont like any of these over the top nursery sets where everything matches perfectly you know? I especially love how there are little pieces of you and your husband throughout the room. I love the wall quote too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I didn't want a typical pastel nursery! Thanks for your sweet comment :)

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing! Where did you get the rug? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous nursery! I am working on a nursery right now for my first baby, a girl, due in July. We aren't going matchy-matchy/pastel either. (I also got our rug at Garden Ridge.) You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks perfect! My favorite is the white crib. Still kicking myself for not getting one.
    Enjoy the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you paint the dresser? Sand fown? Air brush or hand paint? I have the same style desk for my girls and haven't decided how to tackle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Joey just hand painted it! Did not take a lot of skill, trust me! I don't believe he did much sanding, if any.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete