a babe and a tree.

Shepherd LOVES be outside.

Sometimes when we wait for Daddy to get home, we find a nice big blanket and lay down to stare up at the trees.
 Its kind of the most fun you can have.
At least until Daddy gets home!

Reminds me of Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up lyrics:

"Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home."

I always cry at that part because I remember exactly what it sounded like when my dad got home from work.  It was always right around 4 and I remember exactly the way his truck sounded coming in the driveway.  And now I know exactly what it sounds like when my husband gets home, his breaks make a certain sound and then he always gets the mail.  Soon, Shepherd will be old enough to associate those sounds with the best part of the day =)



"Oh darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little"
Share

2 comments:

  1. I remember exactly how it sounded when my dad got home too. Oh, the little things. Very cute post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious. I love that song, too! I remember the sound of my dad coming in from work and walking through the kitchen door. He was always upbeat and would have something sweet to say to my mom.

    ReplyDelete