fool proof dinner.

I've been cooking dinner every night, so my Pinterest is getting a workout.
Last night I tried this dish:
It turned out great!
Ingredients:
5 large tomatoes (cut into eighths)
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
kosher salt and black pepper
1 1/2 pound shrimp
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup Feta, crumbled
crusty bread, for serving

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.  Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish and spoon the olive oil and garlic over them.
2. Sprinkle with 3/4 tsp each salt and pepper and toss.  Roast on top rack of oven for 20 minutes.
3. Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley and lemon juice.  Sprinkle with Feta. 
4. Return the dish to the oven until the shrimp are cooked through, 10-15 minutes.  Serve warm with the bread.

Notes:
I only used 2 very large tomatoes since it was just feeding two.  I should have adjusted the amount of olive oil/garlic to reflect that, but it still turned out ok.
Next time I will cut the tomatoes into more bite size pieces.
I used frozen shrimp that had been thawed in the fridge.
I didn't have parsley so I just used Italian seasoning.

Trust me, if you see a recipe here, it is fool proof!  Joey even rated this recipe an 8 and he is so picky, even though he doesn't think he is.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment