my story, lately.



Very exciting things have been happening over here and I am so excited to finally be able to share!  I was waiting and waiting to have all our stuff figured out and I think we are finally settling down.  I don't usually get this personal on my blog, but I don't want to forget the things that have led me to this point in my life.  I love the feeling of knowing you are right where you are meant to be.
Here is the abbreviated version of my story, lately.

Let me start out by saying, my God is amazing.  Remember in this post I said there are 2 things in particular that I will always pray for?
Well, after 10 YEARS of praying, one of my prayers has been answered and it is such an amazing feeling to see how God worked everything out.  Throughout the last few weeks, I have had these amazing moments, when I have literally felt down into my soul this feeling of "what is happening to me right this second is completely God working."

When I was 16, I started praying that I would be able to stay home when I had kids.  Even though I was nowhere near that stage of my life, at 16 I knew it was going to be important to me, so I started praying.  I literally prayed this prayer all the time, over the next DECADE.

When we got pregnant with Shepherd, I knew I wouldn't be able to stay home with him.  We just couldn't afford it.  I had to use every last vacation and sick day to get 6 weeks of maternity leave and then I took some unpaid time after that.  When I was pregnant I really amped up my prayer for this and started praying it everyday, sometimes more than once.  I remember one time my family came into town to visit and I just cried and cried to them because I didn't want to have to go back to work.  

Even though I had no reason to think differently, for some reason in the back of my mind I just had this feeling that it was going to work out for me to stay home.  But, I guess I have too little faith, because I am a planner to my core and I needed a PLAN.  I needed to KNOW how it was going to work. 

*First moment, I got a little snippet of our plan and felt God working in my life: I was still pregnant and I was laying in bed looking at my phone.  I opened up my emails and I had received one from a friend from my hometown.  She had posted on facebook about starting an in-home daycare and since if I wasn't going to get to stay home, I really wanted him at someone's home, and preferably someone I knew, I had emailed her and asked about her keeping him.  As soon as I opened that email, and read that it would work out for her to watch Shepherd, I knew it was a little bit of a PLAN that I so desperately wanted being revealed to me.  If I couldn't be with him, then she was my next best option, because I knew her and her husband (we went to church together in my hometown) and I trusted them!
So now, I could relax a little knowing that my Plan B was in place and I was happy with it.

*Next moment I felt God working: I am still on maternity leave and my husband and I are taking Shepherd on a walk.  Joey is telling me about his work day and he tells me he has been helping this great company with some stuff for his job, and the main woman he was working with asked him if he would be interested in interviewing for a position with her company.  I just had this feeling that this might be our answer.  

Anyway, I waited and waited, and nothing was changing, so after my maternity leave, back to work I went.  

I'm very lucky that I work with my best friend, because I just sat in her office and wept.  Even though my office is literally 3 minutes away from my house, and my mom had stayed with us that week to take care of Shepherd, and I went home on my lunch break, I was just so upset to be away from him.  

The next moment I felt God working and knew it was a life changing moment: My second week back to work, I am sitting at my desk and an email pops up.  It is addressed to every person I work with and says to cancel everything you are doing and be ready for a meeting that afternoon.  Unusual, and I could feel it, something was about to change.

I work for a program that runs off grant funding.  Long story short, the meeting was called to tell us that our grant had not been renewed for the upcoming year and we had all lost our jobs.
So now, I have a new baby, my husband still has the same job, and I've lost my job.  I should be freaking out, but I really felt this was part of my plan.  
**I do not want to give the wrong impression, I in NO WAY want to come across like all of these people had to lose their jobs for God's plan in MY life.  Trust me.  I hate that so many people lost their jobs and it is never a good thing for that to happen.  All I'm saying is that it was bittersweet for me, and I am able to see the bigger picture of how this fit into my story.**
God can dream a much bigger dream than you can dream for yourself.  If I had been in charge of "writing my story" I don't think I ever would have seen me losing my job as a good thing, but at this point I really felt like it was for me.  I don't know if I would have been brave enough/trusting enough to quit my job and now I didn't have a choice.

This was in July that I found out about my job but we would still be working until the end of September.  Since we still had not heard about Joey's job opportunity, I started thinking about what I could do working from home.  I needed to find something that would replace my income.  

Next moment I feel God working in my life: At this point I was introduced to Rodan and Fields.  I feel like I am very good at picking up on things, and Rodan and Fields was something I had heard about, but didn't know a lot about.  I knew it was skin care and I knew Oprah liked it, but that was about it.  One of my facebook friends made her status about being able to retire in 3-5 years working for Rodan and Fields so I decided to message her and ask what she was talking about.  
(For those that don't know: Rodan and Fields is a new skin care line from the creators of ProActiv, specializing in Anti Aging.)
She told me that by working for R+F to market their new skin care line, I could work from home and because it is a new company, there is a huge potential to make a lot of money.  I am a researcher at heart, so I did a ton of research about Rodan and Fields, wanting to make sure this was something that would be a good fit for me.  Finally I thought, "well, if I had signed on to sell ProActiv when it came out, I would be a millionaire by now, so I want to join this!"
(I'm going to do a separate post about my thoughts on Rodan and Fields**)
So at this point, I felt more comfortable with my ability to eventually make up my part of our income, but we still hadn't heard anything about Joey's job opportunity.

Well, after a few more weeks, we got the GREAT news that Joey was hired on at this new company!!
  Joey had a tennis match and we were driving separately because I needed to leave early to meet with someone about R+F.  When we pulled up to the tennis court, and I got out of the car, Joey said, "I got the job."  I don't know why I said, "are you serious?"  I also said that when he proposed.  I guess thats my go-to when I get big news ;)  

What a great day that was!  That was the final piece of our plan.  What I had been praying for for a DECADE, had finally all worked out for us and I could see our new plan.  I literally could cry thinking about how much God has blessed us.  I know prayer changes things, I've seen it and felt it!




Share

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! What an amazing story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful story. I love listening to how God is working in other people's lives. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete