Purposeful

I let my blog take a back seat lately and vowed to pick it back up again now that its a new year.
Joey and I always talk about our resolutions each year, and even though its easy to make a laundry list of things you want to do to improve...and then forget about it before its even February, I like feeling like its a fresh start and having that motivation.  Plus my birthday is in January so I feel like its extra motivation for a new year.  
I got the idea from Casey's blog last year to come up with a word for the year.  Practicing something and making it a habit is a good thing until eventually you don't even have to think about it, it is just part of your everyday life, and hopefully your character. 
Last year we chose the word, "Grow."
Our family was growing and we think it is always important to be growing mentally and spiritually.  If you're not doing that, really what are you doing??  I think you should always be learning and observing and deciding.
Which leads me to our word this year.
"Purposeful"
We want to be purposeful. We want to live with intent.  I want to actively be a part of my life.  Does that make sense?  I want to decide where I'm going instead of ending up there, I want to envision what our family is going to be like and make it happen.  Sometimes it gets so easy to just make it through the day and I never want to be like that.
Our church service was perfect this past Sunday to go along with our word.  The pastor was speaking about how decision determines direction. Usually if you don't like something about your life it can be traced back to a bad decision that led you down a bad path that brought you to a place you don't want to be.
  The first step is always to be aware and make a decision to do something, so this year we will practice living a purposeful life.



Share

2 comments:

  1. I love your word! I did the same thing this year. Purposeful is a great one. Living with purpose makes you just all that more present. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Being present instead of just being there. Like putting down the phone...I need to work on that ;)

    ReplyDelete