Shepherd at 13 months


A couple of things I want to remember.

-Shep in the past month or so has been much more interested in food.  (Before I would offer it and he would kind of snack or throw it on the floor.)  Now he signs "more" over and over throughout the day, telling me he is hungry.  

-He still does not have ANY teeth!  So I'm always worried to give him certain foods for fear of him choking.  I'm probably being overly crazy, but who knows!  No signs of teething yet either.

- He is still breastfeeding and I plan on letting him self wean.

- He recently started going to bed more easily.  Up until about this month, I was spending a lot of time at nap and bedtime nursing him for comfort and usually letting him fall asleep.  Now he is letting me put him down after only a few minutes nursing, and completely awake and going to sleep on his own.

- We start bedtime routine around 7:30pm most days.  Bedtime routine is just bath time with Daddy, and then Daddy putting lotion on and pajamas before handing him off to me for nursing.

- He has been waking up every night around 2:30.  We started something new this week...I'm trying to teach him to sleep on his own without needing me to nurse him.  I don't think its doing him any favors to have me as a sleep prop and he is old enough to sleep through the night.  So when he wakes up at this time, instead of me going to him, Joey goes in his room, makes sure he is ok, gives him his paci, rubs his back and gets him back to sleep.  Each night is getting better, with it taking less time for him to fall asleep.  I still have mixed feelings about this, but thats what we are doing for now.

- He then usually wakes up around 5:30/6, I do nurse him at this time and I think this is when he is nursing the most for nourishment.  He then goes back to sleep until 7:30.  At 7:30 when he wakes up we always put him in bed with us for a little bit.  It would be so nice if he would snuggle, but he usually just climbs all over both of us like a jungle gym until we get up.  He also nurses at this time too.

I wanted to write a few things down to remember about this time.  I was asking my mom what our nighttime routine was when I was his age and she couldn't remember.  So I want to make sure its written down for future reference ;)



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment