on little boys

One of my neighbors has 3 boys and I was over in her yard with Shepherd talking to her.  As we were talking, all of her little boys plus another neighbor boy were all outside playing.  As we spoke there were balls flying over our heads, and she had to keep pausing our conversation to warn them to not run over us with their scooters.  I told her I felt like I could see my future.  A future of Shepherd and his little brother, (and more if the ring test was correct ;) all running around like crazy.

Also, I'm just imagining how much Shepherd eats right now, and thinking ahead to when he and his brother are teenagers, plus their friends.  I feel like I'll be spending all my time in the kitchen and all my money at the grocery!  




I've shared this before, but this may be my favorite quote of all time thinking about little boys:

"You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing.  
What!  Is it nothing to be happy?  Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?
Never in his life will he be so busy again."




Why God Made Little Boys

God made a world out of his dreams,
of magic mountains, oceans and streams,
Prairies and plains and wooded land.
Then paused and thought, "I need someone to stand,
On top of the mountains, to conquer the seas,
Explore the plains and climb the trees.
Someone to start out small and grow,
Sturdy and strong like a tree" and so
He created boys, full of spirit and fun
To explore and conquer, to romp and run
With dirty faces, and banged up chins
With courageous hearts and boyish grins.
And when He had completed the task He'd begun,
He surely said, "That's a job well done."













There is just nothing sweeter than little boys.  At church last week our pastor said something to the effect of babies are the closest we can get to heaven on earth.  I believe it.  I look at that little face and I see heaven.  I want to be closer to God because of him.  Thank Heaven for little boys!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment