26 weeks with Major William


Technically 25w2d^^
 (Dress is ASOS Maternity)
^technically 25 weeks ^

Size: According to my pregnancy app, he is 15 inches and is now being measured head to toe!  He weighs approximately 2.2 lbs and is the size of a cucumber.

Symptoms: Still experiencing acid reflux. Crazy how just a feeling in your throat can be enough to stop you in your tracks. I also am a LOT moodier this pregnancy. Moody and on edge. Don't I sound like fun? Also bending over is just about the most annoying thing in my life. You don't realize how often you have to bend over until you can't/it makes you out of breath.

Rings: On. I wanted to document that because I can't remember at what point with Shepherd I quit being able to wear my rings. With Shep my entire body was so swollen, but I can't recall when that started. So far with this pregnancy I haven't really noticed that.  

Cravings: None.  So boring.

What I miss: Being able to bend over.

Accomplishments: Dancing all night at a friend's wedding, in heels, 6 months pregnant.

Getting very close to the third trimester!  I feel like it is flying by, and I have yet to do one.single.thing. to prepare ourselves.  Hopefully this weekend we will start on the nursery, but I realize I've been saying that for weeks.

Feeling Major move is a lot different than Shepherd was.  I have had an anterior placenta with both of them.  Major will press really hard against me and spots on my belly get really hard.  I wish I could tell which body part it was.  Shepherd never really did that, he seemed to have hiccups all the time.

I'm trying to decide what is the safest option for where he should sleep as a newborn.  The AAP recommends room-sharing (not bed sharing) I believe for the first 6 months.  They say being in the room with the parents lowers the risk of SIDS because he will be able to hear us breathing and it will help him regulate his own breath.  I'm not sure how accurate that will be with us because my husband insists on sleeping with 2 giant fans blowing on us, so I doubt Major could hear us breathing.  However, I hate those fans and I have fantasies of violently throwing them out the window, and with my moody on edge pregnant self that might actually happen.  But anyway.  I want something that can be right next to the bed, and about the same height so I don't have to actually get out of bed when he wakes up to nurse in the middle of the night.  I'm thinking about this, but if anyone has any advice or recommendations I will gladly take it!

How FREAKING CUTE are these little marionette puppets?  Our friends Veda and Jonathan went to Europe (not jealous at all....!!!) and sent these to Shepherd and Major.  We opened them last night and Shepherd was a wee bit apprehensive, but he must have been thinking about them all night because literally as soon as he woke up he was asking to play with them and carried them around making them dance forever!  We said we might make them into a mobile for Major's nursery?  Anyway, I'm obsessed!  They came all the way from Prague.  What lucky little boys!  Thanks Veda and Jonathan!



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment