Shepherd 18 months




Shepherd Nash, we are obsessed with you!  You bring us so much pure complete JOY.  You love to laugh and play.  You are so smart and funny.  We are complete obnoxious parents who think you are wonderful and perfect, above and beyond, in every way.  I am so so so happy that I get to be YOUR mommy.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  18 months have gone by so quickly, and I know its going to keep flying by.  I love remembering and keeping a record of special things about you at different moments in time.  You are so unique and special and we love you!

Weight: 20 lbs 12 oz
Height: 29.5 inches
Head Circumference: 45.5 cm

Wearing 12-18 month clothing
Size 3 diapers

Has his Daddy's personality.  He loves having lots of people around and lights up with a crowd. 

LOVES "kitty cats."  I have no idea where this obsession came from, but it doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon.  We talk about kitty cats all day long.

Naps at 10:30 every morning, occasionally will have a late afternoon nap if he is extra tired.

Lets Daddy put him to bed and goes right to sleep.
Sleeping through the night, usually 8:30-7:30.

Still nursing.  On average, twice/day.  When he wakes up and before his first nap.

Is not attached to anything, no blankie or stuffed animal.  He actually made me take his elephant stuffed animal out of his crib.

Uses a paci at bed and naptime, and in the car.  Although he has to be really sleepy, or else he takes it and throws it.

Likes being given little tasks to do, like "go find me your basketball" or "pick out a Llama Llama book."

Loves to look at pictures and videos of himself on the phone.

Loves looking at pictures of his family.  I have an album on my phone called Shepherd's Family and he knows how to find it.  We included Aunt Caity's kitten and his best friend, Grayson, in the album!

Hates being confined.  Climbs out of the grocery cart, high chairs, etc. Has to be distracted to be put in the car seat.  Will only tolerate the stroller if he's in the right mood.

Has a very large vocabulary, 20+ words.

Uses sign language for: More, Please, Thank You, All done, and I Love you (die!! the sweetest!!)

Started walking between 16-17 months.

Kisses Mommy's belly when we say "where's Major?"

Is obsessed with my grandma.  Thinks she is sooo funny!

Loves Blue.

Drinks almost 2 gallons of milk/week.

HATES having his hair washed.

Runs to the door as soon as Daddy gets home from work, and usually starts clapping.

Very good at entertaining himself, he likes having a little alone time sometimes in his crib.  I can hear him laughing to himself.

Can't believe my baby is a year and a half!!
Share

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog for awhile and I really enjoy it! I had to comment today because my son is almost 17 months old, so not too far behind your little guy. I was laughing to myself while I was reading your list because of so many similarities! Isaiah is obsessed with horses, not cats, but seriously talks about them alllll day long. Hates being confined to the point that I've decided I'm going grocery shopping at night so that he can stay home with daddy and I can shop without going crazy. Loves looking at pictures on my phone and of our family. Large vocabulary. Uses a paci for bedtime, car, and stroller. Isn't attached to anything and throws his elephant and puppy stuffed animals out of his crib. Knows the same signs and is still nursing. :) This age has been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so funny! I bet they would be good friends =) I had to start doing my grocery shopping on Sunday so that I can go alone. I was literally losing my mind and dreading going to Kroger, haha!

      Delete