36 Weeks with Major William


I haven't done an update in over a month.  It seems like I don't really have anything interesting to report, so thats why I haven't been talking too much about it.  Again, I'm so lucky to have easy, uneventful pregnancies.  Crazy to see 4 weeks to go on my pregnancy app countdown.  

At my last check up (I'm going once a week now!) everything looked great.  I'm measuring right on track, blood pressure is always normal.  She went ahead and checked me and I'm not dilated or effaced at all.   He is head down, so thats good.  Heart beat was 139.

I go in 2 weeks for an ultrasound to check size.  That is just something that is required by the hospital because I'm a VBAC patient.

Size: A freaking WATERMELON!  Approx 19-22 inches, 6.5 lbs

Symptoms: 
Still having tons of acid reflux, although I've started taking Zantac and that helps.

I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions every day.  For the longest time I was having them, but too dumb to realize it!  I kept thinking, "Wow, Major presses so hard against my belly, my whole stomach gets hard and tight."  Then I realized that wouldn't make sense and they were actually Braxton Hicks.  They don't hurt at all, my belly just gets really hard.

Sleep: 
I usually get up and go to the bathroom at least once...and turn Joey's fan around!  Its hard to turn over.  Also, I guess its hormones, but I'm waking up every night drenched in sweat.  Its really annoying actually.  A few nights ago I woke up at 4:00 and couldn't go back to sleep because my acid reflux was so bad.  I ended up going downstairs to take some Zantac and not falling asleep until almost 6.  Will be very happy to get rid of this acid reflux!

Rings: Still on

I guess this is normal...I hope it is...but I've felt so guilty throughout this pregnancy.  Its been so different from my pregnancy with Shepherd, when I had nothing else to focus on, so all of my thoughts went to Shep and every aspect of being pregnant.  Now, its hard to focus on Major and really connecting to this pregnancy, because I have a toddler who is right in front of me to focus on.  And Shep is still so young, every day is new and exciting with him.  I've heard every pregnancy gets more and more like that, because you have your kids that keep you occupied.  I've just felt really guilty that I felt more "connected" to Shepherd during my pregnancy with him, than I have this time.  Anyone else?!


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment