Dear Major,

When I was pregnant with Shepherd, I wrote this blog post.  In some ways I feel so much more prepared this time around.  I'm confident I can care for a newborn and know what to expect, I am much more educated about birth and what I want for bringing Major into the world, I think the growing pains of figuring out our roles as parents and husband and wife are out of the way.  But in other ways, I have no idea what to expect!  I've heard having one child is like having one child, and having two is...like having a lot more?  Something like that.  I think having two under two, at the beginning will of course be a lot of work.  Hopefully my sleep deprived self doesn't go off the deep end.  Kidding.  But I'm happy for them to be close in age, so they can have each other as playmates.  I'm excited for Major to get here and start the next chapter of our family.






(Pictures taken at 26 weeks)

My sweet Major,
You have been prayed for and loved since well before you were born.  We are so excited to meet you and see who you are.  Who you will look like, what funny little things you will do, how you will be different from your big brother, to see you two become the best of friends.  What ways will you be like one of us, what new things will you bring?

I want you to have as many of the best days of your life as possible.  That is my goal, to make that happen.  My biggest passion in life is this little family we are creating.  You are one of us now.  You are going to bring so much joy to our lives, and I am so thankful for you, Major.

God picked us out for each other.  You are my precious little boy.  I want to be the best mommy to you, I want to be aware of who you are and what you need.  You're special and will have unique needs and thoughts and I want to parent you in the best way, for you.  I want to love you in the way you best receive love.

Something I will never take for granted is good health, and I am so blessed to have an easy, uncomplicated pregnancy with you.  I thank God for that everyday.  As far as we can tell, you are a healthy little boy too, and I am so thankful.  We have had nothing but good reports on you.  I pray you are always healthy and strong.

I hope you and Shepherd are best friends.  I am so happy you are a little boy, I think you and Shepherd will have so much fun growing up together.

I pray you are always confident, with nothing to prove, and happy to do what you want, not worrying about other people.   I pray you have a childhood full of fun and laughter and make happy memories.  I pray you are never afraid to act silly.  I hope you don't take yourself too seriously and laugh and laugh.  I pray you always feel like you can talk to me and your daddy, and we will never judge you, we want to help you.  I pray you have lots of good friends, friends who make you a better person and your days more enjoyable.  I pray that early on in your life you recognize that you need a Savior, and accept Jesus into your heart.  I pray that you learn that from me and Daddy.  I want you to run and play and not worry.  When you're older, I want you to become a man of character and integrity, honest and hard working.  You are smart and wonderful and funny, I already know.

I love you, my little angel.
Love,
Mama
Share

1 comment:

  1. You are seriously the cutest pregnant lady around! So gorgeous!! And what sweet letters!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete