a look back at 2013 :: July - Dec

In July we found out Baby #2 was a BOY, Joey continued his plant-buying frenzies, and we spent a lot of time outside.

In August Shepherd waited every day for Daddy to get home so he could sit in his lap and "drive" home.  We took Shep to the fire department and on a paddle boat ride, and I showed off my 17 week bump at the Woodland Art Fair.
 
In September we enjoyed lots of our favorite fall activities...the farmers market, Boyd's Orchard, and long walks.  I went to the Rally to Improve Birth and started thinking more about how I wanted to bring Major into the world.  Shepherd learned to walk and also sported a ponytail as often as possible.  We took him to the ER for a high fever and it was a sad sight :(
 

In October Shepherd got his first haircut and we went with my family on his first real vacation, to Tybee Island.  Our friends Greg and Allison got married and Joey was a groomsmen.  We celebrated Halloween with a family party and the cutest/scariest dragon.                           
 
In November we took it pretty easy.  My grandma came to stay a few days and help me out.  Shep and I went to Owensboro for Thanksgiving, and missed Joey the whole time!
 
In December we worked on getting Major's nursery ready for his arrival.  Shepherd loved lighting the Christmas tree every morning.  I started allowing him to watch Mickey Mouse and he became obsessed.  We celebrated Christmas with both of our families and rang in the New Year with Joey's sister Caity and her boyfriend, Josh.



I keep telling Shepherd that 2013 is my favorite year yet, because he has been here the whole time.  2013 will be a tough one to beat, but I'm excited for 2014...we have a feeling its going to be "major"!!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment