5 Months with Major


We can't get over that Major moved into size 3 diapers this month.  That is the size Shepherd was wearing when he was born!  Our little chunky guy.  (Shep has since moved up to size 4...will Major pass him up??)
I said 6 months on average for his size, but he is sometimes wearing up to 12 month!  Especially at night, I put him in a 12 month onesie to sleep.  
Major went from sleeping through the night since practically the day we brought him home...to waking up 1-2 times/night.  And maybe this is crazy, but I just wonder if that is the body's way of fighting against SIDS??   Babies aren't supposed to sleep through the night, so I'm happy to wake up with him.  Now when he is older that will be a different story!!
Also, he is the quickest thing.  No fuss, unswaddle him, nurse him, change his diaper, back in the swaddle, back to bed.  He is no nonsense!!  I just lay him down awake and he goes to sleep on his own.  He is a dream baby!! I can't help but to compare the two...Shepherd took AT LEAST an hour every time he woke up (which was a lot) when he was this age.  I would have a hard time falling back asleep because I would have been up so long that I started to really wake up.  With Major some nights I barely open my eyes. 
When he is tired, he makes this really funny, never ending grunt.  Thats his sleepy sound.
He has been sitting up for more than a few seconds at a time and getting good at it.
He loves to be outside, and he likes to stand in his little exersaucer (I think thats what its called).
I forgot to put on his picture last month that he has been rolling over both ways for awhile now.  However, he rolls back to belly more often.  He'll get over on his belly and forget he can roll back and get mad.  I'm like "come on thats the easy one!"
Maybe this is a difference between first and second born...when Shepherd was little, he would love to be held when he slept, and he always fell asleep nursing.  Major is not like that at all.  He nurses very quickly then he is done.  He will only fall asleep swaddled and laying on a flat surface.  Sometimes I do hold him and pace around the room singing to him, but the majority of the time he falls asleep on his own.  He doesn't want to lay on the boppy like Shepherd did.  He never falls asleep nursing, unless he is just so overly tired that he can't help it.  That is when I trick him into sleeping on my chest ;)  It makes for an easier baby, but I wouldn't mind a little cuddly baby, too.  Also, he still loves his sleep!
Major, you are just the happiest little thing.  Everyone comments on how easy going you are.  You smile at everyone and will go to anyone.  We love you!!
















Share

No comments:

Post a Comment