Day in our life

Last Monday I decided to take pictures and do a "day in our life" post.  I didn't decide this until 11:30, so undocumented would be Major napping and me winning mom of the year letting Shepherd watch videos on my phone and lay in bed with me while I tried to get a some more sleep.  Did I mention Major decided to stop sleeping at night??  
Anyway, so after breakfast Major was down for a nap and we went out on the back deck to play with our new play house.  I had told my mom I wanted one and about a week after she found it on the side of the road with a "free" sign on it!  So my parents brought it up here for Shepherd.  Pinterest has the cutest before and afters of houses like this where people paint them, so I'm thinking maybe next summer we can fix it up.
"I clean my house."
After cleaning up the house, we went out in the yard to play and check our "harvest."
Shep likes to eat his tomatoes right off the vine.

Late lunch of green beans, mac n cheese, ham, cherry tomatoes, and "cake" aka zucchini bread.  All he ate was the "cake."
While Shepherd ate and watched Peppa Pig, I did some laundry.
Major is awake!
Heading upstairs to change diapers and take a nap.
Shep insists on sleeping with at least four pacifiers.
While Shepherd naps, Major plays and watches me do some dishes.
Playing with Major...practicing sitting up on our own like a big boy/making creeper faces.
2:39 pm...Major goes back down for another nap and I finally get to eat lunch.
Tomatoes and feta cheese roasted in the oven with olive oil and herbs.  My favorite lunch.
After lunch I take a quick shower and when I get out, Major is awake again, so he watches me dry my hair.  The face on the right is when I turned the hair dryer on.
Shep wakes up.  (I waited to dry my hair until I could hear him waking, so I wouldn't wake him up.)  Shepherd wakes up very slowly.  I never go in his room right away when I hear him wake up.  He likes to lay there for sometimes 30 minutes or longer, just talking to himself and waking up slowly.  Then he still likes me to hold him and nurse him to get woken up.
They are both awake and Shepherd wants to play with Major in his crib.
Sweet boys.

Shepherd gets a snack (blueberries) and watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Joey calls to say he's on his way home (about 6pm) so we head outside to play and wait for him.
Shepherd loves to pretend to drive.
Straight out to the deck to show off our newly cleaned playhouse.
As much as I love these boys, once Joey gets home I just need a freaking minute!  I know my fellow SAHMs can relate ;)  I sit in Major's room for a bit for some quiet while Joey starts dinner.
What toy does Daddy pick out for Major while he cooks?  Dried basil of course.
Undocumented: us eating spaghetti for dinner!
Joey is in charge of getting Shep to bed, while I take care of Major.  I gave him a bath because he had dried cereal all over him before nursing him and putting him to bed.

After the boys were asleep I took a minute to read a devotional out of my book.  I love love love staying home with them, but these days are loooong.  Its hard to explain how you can love something so much and wouldn't change a thing, but at the same time are just so exhausted at the end of the day by it all.  It doesn't help that Major has LITERALLY SLEPT IN HOUR INCREMENTS every single night going on about 3 weeks. I can handle lack of sleep really well, for a pretty long time.  Its not like I've slept a full night since he's been born, although he was doing really well for awhile.  But come on, waking up every hour is making me lose my mind!  I'm just realizing more and more that since having kids, I cannot make it through a day without giving it over to God.  I just can't.  I need to start my day off with Him, and be in communication with Him all the day long!

Thanks for spending the day with us ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment