5 years

October 17 was our 5 year wedding anniversary, and 10 years since we started dating.
Lots of great memories, but I'm more excited for the future :)

To celebrate our 5 year anniversary, Joey and I decided to get out of town for the night.  This was my first time ever leaving both of the boys, so I was a little nervous, and didn’t want to go too far.   My parents and my grandma came up to stay with Shep and Maj, and we went to Cincinnati for the night.  

We had a couples massage and pedicure.


^^ Waiting for the couples massage. Joey will love that I used that picture ;)

Then we headed to our hotel and relaxed before dinner.  It is one of my favorite things to be able to get ready and not be in a rush.  
This was one of Joey's instagrams from the weekend:


Dinner at Maggianos:





Dinner was delicious...Joey called his lobster carbonara "life changing".



Back at the hotel we had red velvet cake (which was what the top layer of our wedding cake was) and we found a wine with the number 5 on it, so we had to get it.  That night we slept 9 STRAIGHT hours, then woke up and had breakfast in bed.  


On the drive home.  

Before going back we had lunch at Texas Roadhouse (where else?).  Shepherd and Major did great with my parents and Major even slept through the night, which is a little hit or miss these days.


I think Shepherd missed us because he stayed in one of our laps for the entire night.  You can't see him because he is hiding in his "tent."  If any light gets through he tells you to shut the door, haha.

So much has changed in the last 5 years, I can't wait to see where we are in 5 more :)
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment