Shepherd "right now"

I wrote this post in August, but never published it...so it is a little outdated ;)
I guess I could have titled it Shepherd in August...


His favorite thing to watch is the Egg video.  It is on Youtube and he begs for my phone to watch "my eggs my eggs!"  It is the weirdest thing ever.  This asian woman, and all you can see are her hands, and she opens up these collector "Eggs" with Disney or whatever themed toys inside.  She always has crazy nail polish with Hello Kitty stickers on her nails, and sometimes she doesn't even talk, just opens the eggs.  He's an odd child ;)

Shep is very polite.  He says please, thanks and sorry and bless you. I hope he continues to be a little gentleman/  

His new thing is he thinks its funny to run away from me in public.  I have had a few close calls and thankfully I've always had a friend with me so I can leave Major with them while I chase Shep.  Most recently, we were at the library and my friend Tara was with us. We were literally both standing there watching him play and all of a sudden I'm like "where did he go?!" Thank God this other mom saw him and pointed me in the right direction it I would have not looked in time to see him running out the door to the other part of the library. So I had to chase him through the quiet section, where I couldn't see him through all of the book shelves, but I could hear his little cackle.  I will be purchasing a leash soon.

His vocabulary has taken off in the past month or so. He is speaking in lots of longer sentences, 5-6-7 words. It is so nice now that he can tell me exactly what he wants.

I am still trying to figure out the best way to discipline him. I try to at least always follow through with my threats, and I try to never bribe him. I want him to act right because he should, not expect a reward for doing what he should do anyway. But I really have no idea what I'm doing. We've done Time out and he seems to understand why and he apologizes when I come back in his room. I ask him what he did to be put in time out then I explain why we can't do that (the other day it was running into the street!) and ask him to say he's sorry. I also spank him if he's really bad but I feel too bad to actually spank him hard so I'm pretty sure he doesn't even realize it's happening. Ugh parenting is difficult.

He has started randomly running up to Joey and I to give us a big hug.

He is a comedian.  Like I don't just think he's funny in a 'toddlers are so funny' kind of way.  He is thought out and witty.  SNL.

He is super dramatic if he ever gets hurt.  And he always gets a reaction so now he has started making up injuries.  He'll fall down and exclaim over and over, "my toe! my toe!" until you kiss it and he says "thanks" and moves on.  The other day we were playing outside and he hit my toe with his little lawnmower on accident.  "Oh no! Mommy's toe, mommy's toe."  Then he bent down and kissed my foot.  God love him.






These are some of my favorite pictures, ever.  
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment