Halloween 2014

Better late than never...
A summary of our Halloween season!


We carved pumpkins, and Major was so into it!  
Shepherd on the other hand, his exact words were, "too yucky for me" before he left the room and wouldn't come back.  He did however love the finished product and he insisted we keep our jack 'o lantern in the living room so he could see it.

One of our neighbor's goes all out for Halloween and as soon as they put up their decorations we went on a walk to check it out.  Shep loved everything except for the big cat (a big change from last year!).
He kept saying "too spooky for me" every time we asked if he wanted to pet it.

Sweet little pumpkin.

Every year Joey's company has a Halloween party for the kids to dress up and go trick or treating.  This was the best picture I could get of Major...he hated his elephant ears.
The cutest little elephant I have ever seen!
 

Our little astronaut...who also hated his helmet.

I tried so hard to get him to wear his hat!

Our little family :)

After the Halloween party at Joey's work, we had some reluctant trick or treaters on Halloween night.  Shepherd literally hid under Major's bed to try and get out of putting on his helmet.

I am still not over that this is the best picture I have of Shepherd in his costume.  This child does not stop moving.  Every picture I have of him is either blurry or the back of his head.  Ahhh he would have been so cute if he would have left the helmet on.  Still cute, but you know.

We got a few pictures of Major in full costume before he ripped it off.  This costume was so precious!


 It was pretty cold on Halloween, so we just hit up the houses on our street.  Shepherd was having so much fun.  He is still talking about it.  He keeps asking if we can go to the neighbors and ask for candy, haha.  Since it was pretty cold, I took Major back early to get dinner started and Joey kept going with Shepherd.  After a few houses, Joey said he asked Shep if he was ready for the next house and Shep replied, "I want to go to Sheppy's house."  Precious boy.  Once they got home he literally ate every single piece of candy that was not a choking hazard.  And Major tried to ;)  

We had our traditional Halloween meal for dinner: pumpkin sloppy joes and sweet potato fries.  I love the idea of special meals reserved for certain days.

The next night, we went to a Halloween party with our friends.  I borrowed a bat costume last minute from my sister in law...
Joey however prepped his costume weeks in advance.  He went as Sara from the Jimmy Fallon skits.
#noH
#ew


Sara with no "H" and her stepdad, Gary.
Quite terrifying if you ask me.
I told Joey next year he needs to dress as something half way attractive.
P.S. We didn't let Shepherd see Joey in costume (as not to scar him) but he did see the wig and he HATED it.

Can you tell that Joey has braces?  We he literally spent weeks working on perfecting those things.
EW.
;)
Share

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Cutie pies in their Halloween costumes! I love it. And Joey... just.. LOL. When I saw that group picture on facebook it was like there was no one else in the photo. I'm not cool enough to have a clue who Sara with no H is but it's hilarious anyway. ;) I wish I could get Nate into dressing up for Halloween.. maybe having kids will change him!

    ReplyDelete