My Major is ONE

Somehow, even though it seems every day of the past year has been so L O N G...I feel like I blinked and just like that it was over. This has not been my easiest year...days are long but years are short, two less than two years apart, yadda yadda...but it has been one of the happiest.

A few pictures from last night when it hit me that I was going to put down my baby for bed and when he woke up he wouldn't be a baby anymore.  (I was crying and Shepherd came in the kitchen and asked what was on my face).




My Major William, you are ONE. 
You are the most joyful baby.  You aren't just happy, not just good natured, you are JOYFUL.
The day you were born was one of the two best days of my life.  But I don't know how it was a whole year ago.  To me you are still swaddled up in your blue blanket, sleeping in the bassinet right next to my side of the bed.  But you're not...you're walking and climbing and laughing and getting into everything.  You're pulling up on your brother and pushing him around in circles.  
My poor baby, you never have gotten the chance to wake up slowly.  You have a big brother who is ready to play with you, and so you always wake up ready to go.  No rubbing your eyes or laying around, as soon as I walk in your room in the morning you're making funny noises at me and jumping up and down.  You are ready to attack the day, my sweet little boy.
You are not a fan of cuddling.  I nurse you to sleep and you once you are done nursing you are ready to get in bed, no laying around for you.  If I try to cuddle you and hold you a little longer, you wake back up and are ready to party.  
We say you are going to be so tough, already trying to keep up with the big boys.  Sometimes you are a bulldozer and just barge your way through whatever toys are in your path, it is so funny.
You are such a good little eater.  You love food and trying new things.  You like to sit in the high chair and eat snacks and watch me clean up.
Music is your favorite.  As soon as a song comes on, you have a moment of recognition, like "Hey, its a song!" and you look at me in excitement and start dancing.  You already have some signature moves and you are so much fun.
You are obsessed with your daddy and thats ok with me, he is pretty cool.  You never move so fast as when Daddy gets home and you race to the door.  You walk around just saying "da da da da."
I may be biased, but I think you are the most handsome little baby boy I've ever seen.  You've finally started getting some hair and I think I'm going to have another blonde haired, blue eyed little boy on my hands.
I pray you always have a carefree spirit.  I pray you have a strong sense of who you are, and feel comfortable always being that person.  I love you unconditionally.  I pray you know early in life what your passion is, and I promise we will support it.  But my biggest prayer is for you to know Jesus, and know your life will be immeasurably better with him in your heart.
Major, you are tough, sweet, handsome, funny, happy, easy going...my angel on Earth.
My life's greatest achievement is you and my biggest blessing is getting to be your mommy.
I love spending every day with you.
Happy 1st birthday, My Maj.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment