portraits of a mother.

We have the fullest weekend planned.  Tomorrow is Shepherd's birthday party and my sister's birthday, after the party we are grilling out with all of our family to celebrate Caity graduating from college.  Sunday is Mother's Day and Shepherd's actual birthday and we are going to also celebrate my sister's birthday on that day.  Whew, I am exhausted just thinking about it, but excited for all the fun and seeing all of our friends and family!   Next week I'll recap Shepherd's party and the rest of the weekend.  In honor of Mother's Day, I have had this post drafted for awhile and today is the perfect day to share it.

Shepherd has been saying the sweetest, most heart breaking thing to us lately.  "Take care of me."  I don't know where it came from, but he says it all the time.  "I just want you to take care of me." "Will you take care of me?" "Can you take care of me?" One night when he is fighting over bedtime..."I just want to lay in your bed and watch the phone and you take care of me!"

All that to say, I love unexpected pictures of me doing little mom things, taking care of my babies, just being a mother :)
















Shepherd Nash and Major William are the lights of my life!  Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there, fighting the good fight ;)
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment