Shepherd is THREE.

Three seems so old!  How did this happen?  I feel like saying I have a three year old is so crazy. Tear :(
Shepherd's birthday fell on Mother's Day this year, and I am forever grateful that I get to be his mommy.

My angel Shepherd, 
I will never have the words to adequately describe how much I love and adore you.  I hope that instead I am showing you every day.  I love spending all of my days with you.



Some things about Shepherd Nash at three years old.

Shepherd loves being outside, going to the grocery, gummies, watching YouTube "eggie" video on my phone, snuggling, wrestling with his brother, blowing bubbles, sitting in the front seat of my car and pushing all the buttons (he calls it the backseat).

Shepherd does not like: having his hair washed, being dirty, thunder, being held upside down.

You are not a big eater.  I don't know if you even have a favorite food.

You have turned into a bit of a "threenager" as we approach your third birthday. 

You have a manipulative little streak in you.  An example: You aren't allowed to watch Spongebob, but you know who he is from all of the Youtube Surprise Egg videos you watch.  Awhile ago, you told Daddy that you wanted to watch Spongebob and that we watched it all the time.  So Daddy turned it on, and quickly decided it was not something he wanted you to watch.  Later that day he said to me, "I don't think you need to let him watch Spongebob anymore." I said, "He never does, he knows he's not allowed!" You know just how to work people ;) 

You are so charming and engaging.

You have hit a little bit of a timid stage.  You are cautious and have obvious second degree embarrassment when Daddy and I dance around like crazies with you and Major.

At bedtime you stall and cry to us the most heartbreaking things trying to get us to come back in your room:
"Mommy, I need you.  Can you take care of me?  Can you snuggle me?  I want you to take care of me. Please don't leave me."

You love Major and you are both always in better moods when the other is around.  Well...most of the time.  Sometimes when you want me to yourself you say "take him away!"

You love to pray.  I am not exaggerating when I say that every single time we pray, you keep your eyes closed and head bowed the entire time.  

You frequently call Daddy and I out when we say bad words.  "We don't say stupid!"

Your favorite tv show changes about every 2 weeks.  Right now you are on a PAW Patrol kick, before that it was Daniel Tiger.

You ask Daddy every day if he has a surprise for you.   Right now you are loving the Thomas "blind bags" he gets you that have little trains inside.  You remember all their names and sleep with them lined up on the rail of your crib.

We moved you into the big boy bed when you started climbing out of your crib.  However, you did not like the big boy bed and would never take a nap and would never go to bed.  After about 2 days we moved the bed to the other side of the room, essentially changing it back into a crib because the opening faces the wall.  You have not climbed out since and I am happy to have you sleep in your crib as long as possible.

You sleep so late. Usually don't wake up until 8:30 or later.

You are definitely ready for potty training, but I am holding off until June when we have more time to devote to it.  You do go in the potty sometimes now, but we are still in diapers.

About 2 months or so ago, I officially gave up on you taking a nap.  You are in a good mood all day without it, and we usually shoot for bedtime to be around 8, sometimes later depending on what we've had going on that day.

Shepherd, you are kind, compassionate, quick witted, mischievious, lovable, charming, smart, funny and handsome.  But the best word to describe you, is Magic.

Some of my favorite pictures from this past year:













Share

No comments:

Post a Comment