from the vault: four

Shepherd was about 3 months old here.  I look back at these pictures and they are some of the best days of my life.  Not perfect, but So Good.  There were growing pains that came with adjusting to being parents, but thats not what I remember.  My first baby, it was such a magical time in so many ways.  Which is a weird thing.  Its a good thing, but it can be kind of sad?  Not sad... wistful or nostalgic.  But I think thats the point.  Live every day, week, year...so that you can look back and be thankful that you have perfect memories, and make as many of those as possible.  Thats really all you can do.  I always get emotional thinking about my children growing up, but its going to happen.  I know right now I am living my best days.  Maybe not.  I hope not.  But all we can do is make the most of each day, because time is going to pass no matter what.  I think back to different years of my life and I would gladly relive them.  I also have times I would gladly erase ;)  I want to make as many days I'd want to relive as possible.






Share

No comments:

Post a Comment