We're moving...to Utah!

So for the past month or so our life has literally been crazy!  We have some big news:

Something I never thought I would say...
We are moving to UTAH.

I don't know where to begin.  
Joey got a job offer with Coca-Cola, and he starts July 13.  We will be out of our house in about 3 weeks!!

We've been working like crazy to get our house ready to put on the market.  (I am so mad that we did not do some of these things 5 years ago so we could have enjoyed it!)
They are covering all of the moving costs, including having the movers pack for us.  I am so thankful we are not having to worry about packing everything right now.
We will be renting in Utah to begin with, but we don't have anywhere to live yet.  Joey will be driving out there the week before his job starts, and hopefully quickly finding us the perfect rental.  They are providing corporate housing, so he will live there until he finds somewhere and gets that straightened out.  In the meantime, the boys and I will be staying with my parents.  Once Joey finds us a place to live, the boys and I will fly out, and hopefully the timing works out for my mom to fly with us.

This isn't something that just came up...we've had this idea in our heads for quite awhile.  Joey's boss from Amazon moved to Coke, and they had talked about her getting him out there.  That gave us plenty of time to mull it over, make sure it was something we wanted to do, and most importantly, pray about it!  A little over a month or so ago the ball really got rolling, Joey flew out there for an interview and they offered him the job.

I have so many things to talk about, that I can't really focus my thoughts.

Pretty much every person we tell, immediately focuses on me and how I'm doing.  Am I ok?  Am I stressed? Am I nervous? Am I sure?
And I am really really excited.  For as long as we've had to think about this, I've never thought, should we do it?  My prayer this entire time has been that if it is where God wants us, for everything to work out so well that it leaves no doubt.  Its obviously a huge decision to leave your entire life and move across the country.  And I can honestly say every little detail, big and small, has worked out above and beyond our expectations.
My fears at the beginning were never, are we making the right decision.  I was worried about the logistics of moving across the country with 2 small children.  But you know what, people do it every day and we can too.  My fears were just things out of my comfort zone, that I knew would work themselves out.
I knew this month would be crazy, trying to sell the house, purge our stuff, make a ton of decisions, etc.
But I can deal with crazy for a month, and I know that in a month it will all be over and I'll have dealt with all of it.

I saw this quote on Instagram - "Why not live a big life?"
And not that our life here isn't great.   We didn't want to look back when we were 80 and think...what would have happened if we'd moved to Utah?  So we're not.  We're going to find out :)  I am so thankful for this little life I'm living, and thankful to wake up every day excited to see what happens.  I told Joey the other day, I feel so lucky because I don't look forward to any day, because every day is good...I don't have to be waiting for some day in the future, I enjoy them all.

That being said, I've never experienced true bittersweetness like this.
Its just a sadness to be leaving something great behind, but I think where we're going will be really good for our family.  

Right now our focus is getting our house sold. We have been so blessed that Joey is taking 2 straight weeks off work. Last week all we did was work on the house. We didn't relax all week. This week we still have a few things to do, but we want to just spend our time relaxing and visiting with family and friends and enjoying Lexington. 

I of course will use the blog to document our move. We've known about this for a few weeks and I never blogged about it because I didn't really know where to begin. Putting the For Sale sign in our yard made everything feel a little more real! Soon I am going to do a room by room tour of our house. 
I am going to miss it so much! 

I'll end this rambling post here. More details to come! 
Share

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you've made it! It's nice to look back at where this all began, and recall the anticipation and the excitement the move has brought, in terms of being in a new place and meeting new people. I hope that you had a good tour of Utah since, so that you'll have a firmer grasp of the place.

    Robyn Harmon @ Hills Moving

    ReplyDelete