what's up wednesday


My very favorite blogger is Mix and Match Family so I decided to join her link up party today.

1. What we're eating this week
A lot of takeout...last night was only the second time we've cooked since moving into the new apartment, and we had tacos.  But other than that we've been going and picking something up every night!  Chinese, Dominos and Texas Roadhouse to name a few!  I'm ready to get the kitchen a little more organized so I can start having dinner ready when Joey gets home...or at least soon after ;)

2. What I'm reminiscing about
I don't know that I'm reminiscing about anything in particular...but I am already feeling homesick!  We both are.  We weren't anticipating feeling homesick so soon, I thought maybe around the holidays.  But hopefully once we are a little more put together and comfortable we'll feel better.  So I guess you could say I'm reminiscing about the comfort of our old house.  Renting is already not my favorite.

3. What I'm loving
Our new backyard!  It is so nice and the boys are obsessed with the trampoline.  I may be a little bit too ;)

4. What we've been up to
The unpacking is done and now we are working on organizing and thats about it!  I really can't relax until I feel comfortable in my own home.  We went to Ikea this afternoon and got a few things that will make it easier to organize.  

5. What I'm dreading
I have a habit of waking up with Major in the middle of the night, then once he's back to sleep, I lay there and think of every worse case scenario, and everything I need to do, and then I can't sleep.  Last night I couldn't sleep because I was worried about how the boys rooms are on the other side of the apartment and what if there's a fire?  That is a little off topic, but the question made me think of it.  I also was thinking about how I need to find a doctor/dentist/pediatrician etc and even though we have Cobra insurance until Joey's new insurance starts in 2 months, no where up here accepts our KY insurance.  Maybe I should have changed this question to "what is stressing me out?"
However in the day, none of these things worry me.  Right now I'm thinking, "it will all be fine." and I know it will!  For some reason in the middle of the night I just get crazy.  Maybe its the LACK OF SLEEP. (cough cough Major)

6. What I'm working on
I feel like a broken record, but um...organizing?  My to do list today includes finding somewhere to donate all of the stuff we are getting rid of.

7. What I'm excited about
Our plan now that we are on a different side of the country is to make the most of our weekends, exploring Utah and also going on little mini trips.  We have started a #lawhornbucketlist of things big and small and we're going to work on checking it off!  I'm most excited about the Grand Canyon!

8. What I'm watching/reading
Well this past Monday was the Bachelorette finale and I absolutely loved it.  That show sucks me in!! I say it every time, I hope their love lasts :)  I thought Nick handled himself really well, and I thought Kaitlyn and Shawn both looked like assholes for the way they treated him.  But I don't care, I like them both anyway.

9. What I'm listening to
My very favorite song right now is "Late to the Party" by Kasey Musgraves

10. What I'm wearing
I never take outfit pictures of myself but I looked through my phone and had a picture of the boys outfits for the Pioneer Day cookout we went to last weekend. (Pioneer Day is a real holiday in Utah celebrating when the Mormons got here and settled the land. Joey even got a half day off work.)

Other than that I am probably wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt every single day :)

11. What we're doing this weekend
We talked about maybe going into Salt Lake City to visit Temple Square, or maybe checking out the aquarium that is right down the road.  Not sure what we'll end up doing!


12. What I'm looking forward to
Feeling comfortable here and knowing my way around.

13. What else is new
Just an excuse to share this picture of Shepherd playing dodgeball with some neighborhood kids, including two who live above us. (We're renting a basement apartment.)  He was the youngest kid and they were sooo good with him.  He was so excited.  My heart!!!

14. What I'll miss most about summer
Well I'm not sure what to expect out of a Utah winter.  I had prepared myself for lots and lots of snow, but a local here told me that last winter it only snowed twice.  I'm hoping for another mild winter :)


Annnnd I barely made it...still Wednesday on Mountain time ;)
Share

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you on how Kaitlyn & Shawn treated Nick. I was very disappointed in that! Glad you all are getting settled in and I'm sure Utah will feel like home before you know it :)
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! We'll see if Bachelor in Paradise can hold us over until Bachelor starts up again ;)

      Delete