Change

Starting out 2015:

Ending 2015:

Our word for 2015 was "change." I don't think we could have embraced that word any more. Selling our house, saying goodbye to all of our friends and family, moving across the country...to a city I had never even visited! New job, new state, new house, again I trusted Joey to find us a place to live and sign a lease without me seeing it. Oh and finding out we're expecting a new baby! Any one of those events would be big on their own and we packed them all into one year. 

Seriously though, as I reflect over our year and think about things, I am so grateful.  January and February are such slow months, with cold and being inside a lot.  I talked about it a little on the blog, but I was so restless and ready for a change.  I prayed for change but didn't know what it would look like.  It scared me to put that prayer out there, but I knew we were ready for something different. Joey and I made that our "word of the year" and committed to embracing it.  Well I think its safe to say God answered that prayer.  Could anyone pack more change into a year?  Let's not forget I got a new haircut too! ;)

I get nostalgic looking back at pictures, but that is my goal.  I hope I can look back on every year and want to weep at how wonderful life was.  Thats all I can do.  Time is going to pass, babies are going to grow up, all I can do is make the most of every day and celebrate it, so that I can look back and know we lived it right.  The big days and the fun places and activites are wonderful, but the days I spend snuggled up inside with my boys are meant to be celebrated too.

This year taught me that there is no use making plans. I never would have foreseen at the beginning of this year where we would be at the end of it. But through this year I've been shown over and over that we are where we are supposed to be and that is just a "God thing." Things have worked out in ways that I can see God taking care of us, in the big and small details. What scares me is actually making my own plans. Who knows where I'd be if I followed those!? God's plan is always a better plan and a bigger dream than I can dream up for myself. 

Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7 (NIV)

God can do anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!
Ephesians 3:20 (MSG)

Looking forward to 2016, most importantly welcoming a new baby boy into our family!
We'll have lots of visitors after the baby is born, and we hope to work it out to visit Kentucky this summer. We have a trip to the Grand Canyon planned and we're also hoping to find time to visit friends in California.

This time next year our life will look completely different. We'll be a family of 5!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment