Bear World in Idaho

On 4th of July weekend, we decided to make the most of having a long weekend and go to Yellowstone.  On our way there we stopped at Bear World to break up the drive.  I am so thankful for the little perks that come with Joey's job.  We stopped at the Coke office in Idaho and picked up tickets for this.  We've gotten to do so many things that we would probably never pay for, because we can do it for free through his work.

Knocking Idaho off the ol Bucket List!

I had to ride in the very back the entire drive.  I think it started because I was passing out food, then I just stayed back there.  Shep and I entertained ourselves with Snapchat.

Bear World had a map where you could put a pin up to represent how far you came to be there.  Utah was taken care of, so we put up a pin for Lexington.

My sweet cautious child.  There was a petting zoo with animals roaming around.  He wanted to pet this little deer so badly, but had to work up the courage.

He did it!

Then you have Major:

Petting reindeer!


So Joey is always talking about how we are going to have chickens one day and I'm always like, "no we're not stop talking about it."
But then I saw these little things and decided maybe if they look this cool we could have just a few ;)

I have always wanted to see a mountain goat!

The bears were seriously just roaming around your car. 


It was about a mile or so of a drive through the park and you weren't allowed to go more than 3 mph so we let the boys sit in the front to see better.

After Bear World we drove on to our hotel, which was actually in Montana.  We stayed right outside of the Yellowstone entrance.

We freshened up at the hotel...

Then headed to dinner. We just picked the first place we saw on the strip because we were starving.


Across from the restaurant there was a train and the boys loved it.

We went back to the hotel to get a good nights rest for our day coming up at Yellowstone!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment