Shepherd and Major's Life Verses

I mentioned that when we had Breaker's baby dedication at church, they had changed their process and made it more involved.  Which is right up my alley.  We were asked to choose a verse for Breaker that we would pray over him.  They suggested it be something he could come back to and be kind of his "life verse."  



For Breaker we chose Romans 12:12:

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer."

I hope over his life he will lean on this verse and let it ground him.

Since we never did this for Major or Shepherd, I decided its never too late! 


For Shepherd, Numbers 6:24-26 (NLT). 

"May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace."


For Major, Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV). 

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not be faint."


My verse for my life, that I've always leaned on for as long as I've been a Christian is Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment