Mom of 1 vs. Mom of 3




First Food
Mom of 1
All organic, I pureed it myself.  Mandatory waiting period of three days between introducing new foods to check for allergies.

Mom of 3:
First food: Lee's Famous Recipe mashed potatoes.

Clothes
Mom of 1:
We're leaving the house, lets wear one of our many cute outfits.  Lets throw in a photo shoot to document how precious you are.

Mom of 3:
We're late! We have to leave NOW! Is everyone wearing either pants OR a shirt? One or the other is good enough. I don't care about shoes.

Housekeeping
Mom of 1: 
I *think* my house is dirty. 

Mom of 3: 
Literally. Everything. I. Touch. Is. Sticky

Meal Times
Mom of 1:
We aim for every food group at meal times with focus on fresh veggies and whole grains.

Mom of 3:
"But have you eaten? But are you starving? Can you make it until the next meal time or do I have to feed you?"

Naps
Mom of 1:
We DO NOT skip nap time.

Mom of 3:
Fun is more important than nap time. "But won't they be crazy without a nap and make it not worth it?" One might argue. They are always crazy and they never nap at the same time anyway, so I no longer care.

Bath Time
Mom of 1:
Every single bath during Shepherd's 1st year of life is a two person job and documented on film. 

Mom of 3:
"But...do they stink?"

Television
Mom of 1:
At 18 months old, Shepherd was allowed to watch one, 20 minute show a day.

Mom of 3:
Pediatrician notices all of my kids have iPads.
"You limit their screen time, right?"

Me: *Nervous laughter.*






Share

No comments:

Post a Comment