Thirty-One

Today is my birthday! 
31. 


30 was a very trying, growing, year for me. Which I wanted it to be. I want to always be growing and learning and getting better. And I think I did over the past year. It's not what I wanted it to look like... But I think it's important to make it count, when you are going through hard things, if you can't change it, at least make it count. Learn from it. 

One thing I learned about myself, and proved to myself over and over the past year...I can do hard things. I can move across the country and not know anyone and make a life that we will look back on and love. I can go through an entire pregnancy in a new place, on my own (with my husband, of course, but you know what I mean!) I can handle anything if I can make it through the multiple cross country flights I went through with three small children. I can do hard things and knowing that means a lot. 

I'm looking forward to my next year and the 30s in general. There is so much more peace here. I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future, and He has proven time and time again that it will all be ok. 

(Photo taken today...I got a babysitter for Shep and Maj so Breaker and I could peruse the aisles of Target and Old Navy in peace ;) What thirty-one year old dreams are made of!
Share

2 comments: