On Shepherd's 5th birthday

May 10, 2017

We started the morning with blue cupcakes and singing happy birthday and blowing out candles. 


He got his gift from us, which was about 50 Thomas minis we had been hoarding so he could open all ones he didn't have yet.
He also got a new mini carrying case and two train shirts.



Shep had school on his birthday, and it happened to be "Superhero" day where they were supposed to wear their favorite superhero shirt. Shep decided Thomas was a superhero to him, so he wore his new Thomas shirt ;)

After school, I picked him up and we went to McDonald's for milkshakes. Then we went to our favorite park and Joey left work early to meet us there.
I brought the boys bikes and scooters for them to ride around the track...something I usually never do. Because I'm worried about them going to fast and I won't be able to catch up with them.
Side note: Turns out that should be the least of my worries. The real problem is them getting tired of riding them half way around the track and wanting us to carry them. 



If you're going to ruin pictures where your son looks like an angel, sorry but I'm posting them on the internet anyway ;)




After the park, we went home to meet Mema and Aunt Patty. They brought up gifts and ate dinner with us (McDonald's...Shepherd's choice!) and had cake and ice cream.
I surprised Shep with this special cake with his picture on it. 


Just like on his birthday, Breaker demolished the cake.
I've never seen a baby eat so much cake. I did limit him this time because he had a belly ache after his birthday party. 


But how can you say no to this face?


Pure sugar induced bliss:


Out of order, but Shep loved being sung to and blowing out the candles. We lit them 3 times so Major could have a turn, too. 


It was a great day celebrating Shepherd's 5th birthday!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment